Batch Size: $DISPLAY_BATCH_SIZE
Boil Size: $DISPLAY_BOIL_SIZE
Boil Time: $BOIL_TIME minutes
Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color
Estimated OG: $EST_OG
Estimated FG: $EST_FG
Estimated ABV: $EST_ABV
Prepare for Brewing
- Purchase recipe ingredients
- When using liquid yeast: Prepare a yeast starter
- When using dry yeast: Boil and cool $yeast_hydration water for $dry_yeast_packs yeast packs rehydration
- Make sure brewery is set up correctly:
- Setup brew kettle and basket, ensure they are clean
- Assemble Inline filter on the CFC in / whirlpool in
- Connect all kettle-pump hoses
- Connect CFC (if needed)
- Wrap isolation jacket
- Connect hose to the flowmeter
- Connect hose to R.O reservoir
- Open R.O reservoir valve
- Prime all hoses by shortly opening and closing all of the pump valves
- Make sure that the pump-out valve is OPEN
- Orient valves to "Fill" mode (IN: R.O reservoir | OUT: mash recirculator)
- Make sure ALL sensors are connected BEFORE turning CBPI on
- Make sure all CBPI steps are updated:
- Water fill ($TOTAL_WATER)
- "Alarm Clock" desired hour
- Temperatures and times (according to "Mash Steps" below)
- "Heat to strike temp: _____C"
- "WAITING for grains: _____C"
- "Mash: _____C for _____minutes"
- "Mash-out: _____C for _____ minutes"
- "Boil: _____C for _____ minutes"
- "WAITING - CFC: Connect and run cold water: _____C"
- "Whirlpool: _____C for _____ minutes"
- "Hop stand done. Chilling wort: _____C:
- Make sure CBPI AUTO mode is ON
- Hit PLAY
- Weigh / mill grains, store in a closed container.
- Orient valves to "Mash Recirculation" mode (IN: kettle | OUT: mash recirculator)
- Make sure that the kettle valve is OPEN
- Make sure that the dishwasher will NOT be turned on while the brewery operates
- Weigh and add brewing salts and acid
- When Strike water temperature is reached:
- Install mash recirculator
- Place lid and ensure temperature is maintained
- Remove mash recirculator
- Lift grain basket from kettle, place on rods on top of the kettle, let drain.
- Orient valves to "Whirlpool" mode (IN: kettle | OUT: CFC-in --> / whirlpool)
- Squeeze grains (use heat resisting gloves)
- Measure Pre-Boil Gravity: __________ (Estimated: $PRE_BOIL_OG)
- Place lid and set wait to a boil
- Weight all boil additions – hops, whirfloc tablets, nutrients and other ingredients
- When boil is reached: insert hop spider
- Make sure that the fermentor / No-chill qube are clean and sanitize with Star San
When boil is over:
- With 15 minutes left, add whirfloc tablet and nutrients (if used)
- Measure OG: __________ (Estimated: $EST_OG)
- Transfer wort to fermentor
- Measure Batch Volume: __________ (Estimated: $DISPLAY_BATCH_SIZE)
- End of brewday. Clean the brewery – YAY BEST PART!
- Place fermentor in fermentation chamber, set the controller to pitch temperature (or below)
- When using dry yeast: Rehydrate yeast
- Aerate wort (if necessary)
- Pitch yeast. Date: ______________
- Yeast Pitching Temp: ______________
- Main Fermenation Temp: ______________
- Fermentaion profile:
- Monitor fermentation progress and temperature, ensure everything works as intended
- Stage 1: $display_primary_temp -> $display_primary_end_temp
- When fermentation is 5 specific gravity points away from the target FG, rais temperature to perform a diacetyl Rest:
- Stage 2: $display_secondary_temp -> $display_secondary_end_temp
- If necessary - transfer beer to secondary fermentor / fermentation. Date: ______________ Temp: ______________
- Add dry hops, wood chips, fruits, spices or other ingredients. Date: ______________ Temp: ______________
- Stage 3:$display_tertiary_temp -> $display_tertiary_end_temp
- Measure FG: __________ (Estimated: $EST_FG)
- Actual ABV: __________ (Estimated: $EST_ABV)
- Cold crash / Lager / Condition: $age days at $age_temp C | Date: ______________
- Package and carbonate to $CARBONATION CO2 Volume - $carbonation_type at $CARBONATION_PRESS | Date: ______________